Pretty Flowers


These blossoms come and go so quickly in the spring. I finally remembered to bring my camera in with me one day to catch them before they all fell off the trees outside of the State House.

It's Wednesday. Kickboxing day. I'm already trying to come up with an excuse to skip it, even though I really don't have one and I really need to go anyway. I need a few days off. Or maybe more than a few, like a month would be good. I do have 10 days of vacation coming up in July and I can't wait for it. I'm afraid my medication is making my moods worse. I swing harder and faster now than ever before. Even when I try to be conscious of it, it's still hard to control. I really hope that The Doc will allow me to lower my dosage when I go see him in August.

I had a little bit of a crazy day yesterday. Money is tight for me. Very tight. Yesterday I got some money from my Mom for my birthday and instead of putting it in the bank to cover other things I decided I'd take it directly to Kohl's to buy some new clothes, which I desperately need. Well, I've also put on a few pounds so shopping was a nightmare. I came home with one shirt. Which I'm wearing today. Then I went home and wallowed in self pity for awhile while watching Food Network. All of a sudden at 9:30 I decided I needed to go grocery shopping. And I did. Stop & Shop is wonderfully quiet at 9:30 at night. I got some veggies (avocados!), some hummus, bacon (I'm not even sure what for), GF cookies, GF waffles, potato salad, maybe a few other things... and candy. Why? Because that's what I do when I'm cranky! Also, yesterday at lunch time I had nothing good from home so I went to Souper Salad, where I'd typically get a salad from the salad bar. Well this time I decided to get a wrap. I figured I'd just take the stuff from inside the wrap and throw the wrap away. The other piece of this is that I didn't drink nearly enough fluids yesterday and I was all sorts of dehydrated. My brain was totally fried, I felt like I could've just passed out at any moment. But I didn't realize it was dehydration until AFTER I ate my lunch, including the gluteny wrap on the sandwich, rationalizing it by thinking that I hadn't had enough carbs and that was the cause of my brain fog. I quickly chugged a bottle of water and within 20 minutes was feeling much better. I swear this medication's got me all messed up. That being said...

Slip ups aside, I'm actually feeling quite good. My digestive process has become much more regular which is a little hard for me to get used to but that's a really good thing. And the thing that used to bother me most - the rash - cleared up within 2 days of going gluten-free/starting the meds and hasn't so much as hinted at returning since. Today will be my 11th consecutive day with absolutely no irritation. That, my friends, is better than any bud light or slice of cake in the world. Because I went gluten-free and started the meds at the same time, I don't know which is working better. I really hope it's the gluten and that I can start weaning off the meds asap. Ok, I'm starting to feel better now that I blogged it out. It's funny because last night when I jumped in my car at 9:30 to go grocery shopping, Kanye's "Stronger" came on the radio and I'm thinking to myself, this is not going to kill you, it's just going to make you stronger! Cheesy, I know, but so true.


Anonymous said…
the flowers are stunning!

West Bremerton flowers

Popular Posts