My girl Liz over at The Good Eatah tagged me to play the Random Sevens game where I tell you seven totally random things about me. This ought to be interesting...
1. I have two scars on my face, one on my chin from when I slammed my chin into the hard wood gym floor in 4th grade and the other cuts vertically through the center of my lower lip from when I smashed my face into a wooden sled while trying to push it back up a snowy hill. I had stiches on the chin, not the lip. "Scars are souvenirs you never lose, the past is never far"
2. I have extremely sensitive hearing and often hear things that people don't want me to hear. It's a blessing and a curse. This also means that the sounds that normal hearing people cringe to are amplified in my ears. You think nails on a chalkboard is bad.. it rocks me to the core. The up side to this is that when I forget my iPod I can just listen to someone else's. This morning I enjoyed a little Rihanna and Beyonce from the girl standing about 4 people away from me.
3. I have three tattoos, all on my back, and I have dreams of covering my entire back from just below my shoulder blades, all the way to my hip bones with tattoos. I love that with clothes on people would never guess that I have tattoos. That way they are all my own and not for just for show. They each have significant meaning. I would never put permanent ink on my body unless it was something important to me.
4. I love change. I don't fear it. I love moving, even though it's a lot of work, there's nothing like starting fresh in a new place. A lot of people think that people that move across the country are "running away from their problems" but I totally disagree, I think a fresh start can make all the difference. It can either remind you of how good you had it at home and help you find your way back, or it can show you that there's more out there for you, either way I think it's a positive experience. Sometimes I wish I had the guts to do it myself.
5. I am never early. I'm either exactly on time or late. I know that it's rude to be late so I try very hard not to be, but it seems that no matter how much extra time I give myself, I always arrive either right on time or late.
6. I tend to walk with my eyes towards the ground, not because I'm shy, but because I'm afraid of tripping and falling! But I've recently discovered that if you walk with your head up and take a good look at the world around you, you'll quickly realize how much you've been missing out on. It's ok to fall down once in a while, you just have to be quick to pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and move on.
7. I'm determined to make 2009 the best year of my life so far. I have no idea how, or what that means yet, but I have faith that it's going to be great.
*ETA: Ooops, I forgot I'm supposed to tag other people to do this. I'm lame, so everyone that reads this and wants to jump on it, go for it.